Vital wheat gluten (Seitan Flour) is a fantastic natural protein source found in wheat and is a powerful flour that is almost pure gluten. It is made from wheat flour that has had the gluten activated during a dehydrating process which removes all other ingredients except the gluten. It has very little starch content and is a fantastic ingredient to make dough very elasticated, resulting in perfect bakes time and time again.
This flour can also be used to develop Seitan - a fantastic meat alternative for vegans and vegetarians. Once seitan has been made it is extremely versatile and can be made into anything - think sausages and burgers or even 'meat' loaf!
- An indispensable ingredient for making bread, cakes, tarts and pastries
- A natural and very effective raising agent, helping your bread to fill out perfectly and evenly. Especially useful for baking with whole wheat grains and ‘alternative’ flours.
- Great for ensuring any recipes with lots of seeds, nuts or fruit stay firmly held together
- Use wheat gluten to make Seitan – a simple and easy to make tasty vegetarian meat substitute.
- Recommended use is 1 tablespoon for every 2 cups of flour